Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last vendor booked!

Finito! It's music to my ears. Quite literally in fact. Today I booked the incredibly talented Jim Lammers to play guitar for the wedding. I had to go solo to this meeting and I was a little nervous meeting a strange man at his house so I emailed my friend Marcy to make sure he didn't give off a creepy vibe. She assured me that, although having never met him herself, he was perfectly safe and that her future mother-in-law lived next door so if I needed anything just to knock on the door of the white house with the red shutters. I'm happy to report that he is a very nice man and in fact not at all a serial killer. Or if he is I apparently don't fit his victim profile.

Having very little direction when I arrived I was glad to see that he was full of helpful advice. The few things that I knew I wanted he was very happy to accommodate. Together we have decided on a classical mix for the prelude. The mothers will be seated to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach. The attendants will walk to "Here comes the sun" by the Beatles. And me? Well, you'll just have to wait on that one. I want to surprise Bart with my choice. :)

We'll exit to "Love and Marriage" by James van Heusen and then Jim will stay for about an hour and play for our guests on the lawn.

Jim was even kind enough to give me one of his cd's which I'm enjoying now!